Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Meme

Plundered from Val’s blog. I don’t play along very often, but I could have fun with this. If you want to join in and leave a link in comments so I can see your answers.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

In my house gift bags are a joke. Has to be wrapping paper. Two levels of wrapping paper. And you all can forget scotch tape. Must be packing tape in some spots. Yes, I need to do all this to keep out prying and devious kids.

2. Real tree or Artificial?

Artificial. Less likely to catch fire in my house.

3. When do you put up the tree?

Most years I put it up on Thanksgiving. This year it just went up on Saturday. I could blame procrastination...but really it was my foul mood.

4. When do you take the tree down?

Right after New Years. Mostly because if I have to spend all that time putting it up, it will stay up for more than a week.


5. Do you like eggnog?

YES. Southern Comfort makes the best eggnog. Non-alcoholic. I'm not kidding.

6.  Favorite gift received as a child?

You know, I had to think hard on this one. Easy Bake Oven and Baby Alive. Yes, I am digging all the way back to my childhood here.

7. Hardest person to buy for?

No one. I’m good at finding the right present.

8. Easiest person to buy for?

Hm...the girl. Basically she wants everything in Hot Topic.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?

Of course. Porcelain. So far I’ve only had to glue the sheep back to together.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

I like snail mailing these. But...for the second year in a row I haven’t sent any. Sigh. Where is my energy going these days?

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Pleading the fifth. Let’s just say they were right up there with pink flamingo lawn ornaments.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

I’m drawn to It’s a Wonderful Life. Drummer Boy is another good one.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

January. Seriously. I’m always on the hunt for the perfect gift.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Never. Really. Not even the pink flamingo type gift.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Dessert count? I love holiday food. I like it more when my hubby cooks it.

16. Lights on the tree?

White. No blinking ones either. My ornaments are also color coordinated. If you think that’s bad, the wrapping paper has to match too. I’m sure someone is wondering if I have OCD.

17. Favorite Christmas song?

Silent Night (I bet someone out there thought I was going to say Grandma got Run Over by a Reindeer.)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Here’s the thing, when we travel at Christmas it turns into a fiasco. Every time. So now we stay home and people can visit us. Interestingly, no one wants to visit us.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?

Yeah...give me a couple of glasses of wine and maybe I can sing the song. Or make up a few names.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

Had an angel until it sort of...um...caught fire. Not bad. Just melting and smoke and little flame. Anyway...now we have a star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Most of the gifts are opened Christmas morning. The girl has this plan to wake me up at 12:01 AM this year. Doubt I’m moving that late at night. But I do pick out one gift for each child to open on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

I’m with Val on this one. Just say Merry Christmas. You know you want to.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?

Silver, white, gold (sometimes I allow a little brown or red.) I love unusual ornaments.

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner?

When my husband is home, turkey.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

My husband to be safe and my kids happy.



3 comments:

  1. I played along. http://abennettstrong.livejournal.com/77440.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://bonniers.livejournal.com/190681.html

    Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Erin and Bonnie for sharing.

    ReplyDelete