Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's Freezing

Newest wave of snow isn't the problem. The cold is horrible, though. ARG.

On the publishing front, have you met the NEW ADULT? I'm sure you have. These books just didn't have a new category to hang out in before.

For years now I've heard of such a category being looked at. Some refer to it as an appeal to older YA's. But this is the first time I've seen it get a new name. ST. Martin's Press New Adult is doing its hardest to get noticed.

Here's a link to one of the the interviews: http://jmeadows.livejournal.com/725113.html


Yes, I can see having college level characters since a lot a readers like to read up. In truth I've already seen many YA books published in more adult like situations. Uglies trilogy comes to mind. Forest of Hands and Teeth. Will these be put under NEW ADULT? My biggest concern for this is how will this impact the libraries. Are books put in this group going to be considered too controversial for public libraries to buy? Libraries are huge for helping to spread word of mouth on great stories.

Many things to ponder. For me I have to a lot more writing to do this morning. Later folks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, I had not heard about this. Very interesting.

    And yep, it's cold here, too. We got our first snow storm over the weekend. The sun is out today and it's not too bad though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at zero right now....It's ccccold here.

    ReplyDelete