Thursday, January 28, 2010

Disappointed folks

I personally am not disappointed by the ipad. Okay, the name, the name is sort of funny. The best joke I’ve heard so far is: “What is the second generation going to be called? MAXI Ipad?”

It wouldn’t have been a bad idea to have a woman or two in their focus group. Focus groups are pretty handy like that.

The device is what I kinda thought it would be-an oversize itouch. And it is neat in that respect. I love my itouch. I do. And I was jazzed when I realized it was exactly like it. Until I took in the measurements. The ipad is just a little too big to fit in my purse. It’s not handy in that respect which has bummed me. Um, as for the iBook store, you know I love my eink. It’s much easier on my eyes sooooo...I won’t give up my Kindle.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard people mentioning the size of the iPad, which would make for it to be less convenient to carry around. I may get an ebook reader someday, but for now I can read on my palm, which does fit into my purse nicely (I have both Mobi and Acrobat-pdf readers on it currently, with various Holly-Shop purchases).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still looking at getting Bill a Nook. The iPad didn't say anything about reading multiple formats. I'm sure it will, but if we'd just be using it as an eReader, it costs twice as much as all the others. As much as I love my Macs, I think we'll pass on the iPad. At least for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...strange, I thought I had responded. Blogger ate.

    Ipad is pretty big. When I first heard of this device--years ago--I thought it would be the size of most readers. This reminds me of one of those mini netbooks.

    Tammy, you'll have talk about the nook if you guys get one.

    ReplyDelete