Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The long weekend

As you can see by the late posting again, I’m still trying to catch up on sleep.

The conference was a rush of information and inspiration. Richard Peck is a phenomenal speaker. He received a standing ovation as he left the podium. By everyone but me. My feet got tangled up in my purse and bag of books that’s I’d put under the table, and I ended up trapped in my seat. Yes, I do feel like quite the klutz there.

Author, Kathleen Duey and agent, Jennifer Rofé ran the intensive novel workshop. Loved it. If I can, I’d like to try to go another workshop but time and travel are always iffy for me.

Being in Florida was a mixture of homecoming and sadness. In the end sadness won out more. Partly because my kids weren’t there with me in Florida. Who knew I’d miss refereeing their fights? I think the biggest part though was so many unresolved issues with my family. Issues that’ll never get fixed now. And for once, I was actually looking forward to getting back to Colorado. I never would’ve expected that.

Did you all have a good weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment