Friday, May 28, 2010

Losing track of everything

It's chaos here. End of the school year stuff for the girl. Boy getting ready to head off to basic training. And my best friend, my love, will be arriving soon for a month long vacation. Yes, just a month. Yeah, I hate that part, too. A month.  But hey, I'll take it.

Writing is sporadic, but comfortable. There's a pleasure I feel when I write longhand. The weight of the pen as it molds to my fingers and the smooth softness of the paper. I'm sure some feel the same joy when their fingers lightly dance over a laptop keyboard. But my parents ordered me to learn how to type on a manual typewriter at a young age. They wanted me to learn a work skill. (Yes, even at age seven my parents feared I wouldn't be a productive member of society.) So now, sitting in front of a keyboard is more like a chore.  It might be why my creative spark just isn't there when I'm at a computer.

Or I suppose I could just be babbling here.

2 comments:

  1. Ref: (Yes, even at age seven my parents feared I wouldn't be a productive member of society.

    LOL! My parents too!

    I can't write longhand because my arthritis gets in the way. Thank god for keyboards--and for getting rid of manual typewriters.

    Glad to hear your hubby is coming home.

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents, die hard 9-5 workers, thought everyone needed a skill set. Day dreameers need not apply. I drove them nuts.

    ReplyDelete