Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Learning to let go...

Yes, the day finally arrived for my boy to head off to the military. I swore I wouldn't get teary eyed in front of him. And I didn't. Sniffling in the bathroom does not count because no one saw me.

The thing that does surprise me is the growing emptiness in my home. It's like a little bit of the home's soul is being ripped away when a person leaves. Yeah...I realize that might be a bit over the top, but it's how it feels some days.

Like...today.

And yes, I know too well that this sadness will fade as I form a new daily routine. But for today, it kinda smarts to have to say good-bye to the boy.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. (((((hug)))))) That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb. By the time he gets back I'll have to come up with a new nickname for him since he'll have outgrown boy. You think he'd appreciate butthead 1?

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{huggs}} You'll get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tammy. First days like yesterday are always the suckiest. Not sure if that's a real word but hey it sort of fits. Normally I get this bummed when my hubby heads back overseas. He doesn't leave for a couple of weeks. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Maripat....(((((hugs))))). :(

    ReplyDelete