Monday, January 10, 2011

Guilt Free Monday

It struck me yesterday that I have a lot of guilt. Maybe it's an Italian thing. Or maybe from being raised Roman Catholic. (Us Catholics overdose on guilt daily.)

Whatever the reason, I live with remorse over EVERYTHING. And the number one cause for guilt lately is taking time for myself. Whenever I read or write, I always have this awful sickening feeling that I should be doing something else. Anything else.

So my fellow online friends, today is Guilt Free Monday. I will not feel horrible because I want to write. Or read. Or hell, maybe I'll doodle. Doodling is fun.

And whatever I do today, I will love it.

What will you indulge in today?

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Okay...here's mine. I am at the library today. I am going to read a book for my book club. Now, this is part of my job, but when sitting at the desk, it feels weird, guilt riddled, I shouldn't be cataloguing something, or...

    SO-not today.

    Happy Monday, Maripat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, Deb! Happy Monday to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, Maripat! Doodle away. I'm trying not to feel guilty because Jen is going to sit at my desk at work today, and I'm going to do nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val, you're sick and you need to get better. Don't feel guilty about that. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embrace the guilt! LOL.

    If I wasn't feeling guilty, I'd wonder what was wrong. I'm not as hard on myself as I used to be. But I definitely think it has something to do with being Catholic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, Maria, on no longer letting guilt take control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've learned to shut out the guilt. It's a tool certain people have used to guide us into their way of thinking. Screw guilt. Hope you had a fantastic guilt free day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I did. I think I'll have to do it again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete