Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Some days I like to mess with my neighbors

Yesterday, it was a total of 5 degrees F out when I went to shovel a path to the house.


I also want to note I was the only person outside in the snow.


I did make a slightly crooked path.


Added lots of salt simply because I hate falling on my butt in front of the neighborhood.


Looked around when I finished and felt something was missing.


First, I tried to make a snowman. Sorry, snowperson.


But that didn't work out so well. Snow kept falling apart.


Next, I thought of a snow angel. I haven't done one of them since I was a kid.


But then I remembered it was only 5 degrees out.


Bad idea to get wet.


It hit me. Smiley face.


Not as easy as it looks on a slight hill.


Several of my neighbors drove by real slow to watch me. One came out of his house to ask if I was doing okay.


You'd think no one ever played in their front yard before.


Yeah, it might've been a little odd, but it made the girl smile when she came home.



Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it! The world needs more smiley faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed they do because there are waaaay too many anal retentive people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowpeople, snow angels, snow smilies. I love the them all and have fun with them all, despite being over forty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Val, Dawn, Alex and Tammy.

    Alex, not enough people play anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maripat! I absolutely love that. I'm going outside today to stomp out a clearing for Lucy to be able to potty in a place that's not right up to her butt, and Bonnie told me about your blog. That's brilliant!!! SO MUCH FUN. You made my day, girl.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, I'm glad I could make you smile.

    ReplyDelete