Monday, April 18, 2011

Tree of Life

According to wiki, the Tree of Life in mythology represents all things are connected.  For those that are religious, you already know this in your hearts because of the teachings of your faith. I swear this is not a post about religion or beliefs.

But, you know, lately I'm not getting why some things had to happen.

Let me explain better. The other day--and I don't know why the name popped in my head--I had the urge to look up a college friend that I had lost touch with over the years. I typed the name in Facebook and while no match came up on the site, Bing found an obscure news article--about how the person died. An accidental death. A totally freaky accident that shouldn't have happened.

And, man, I felt like someone had punched a hole through my heart. Regrets. Guilt. Anger, even. There is no more time to make things right between us.

I will be the first to tell you all, I try to be a good person. I really try. There are too many times I think--okay, I know--I've failed. My past is overflowing with screw-ups. You'd think after all the mistakes I've made, that I'd make better choices now that I'm grown.

Um, no. I make new and exceptional ones.

This is a year of changes. Some are bittersweet. Some are painful. And all of them are downright terrifying. I do pray. I do ask for understanding. And guidance. If all things are connected, then somewhere along the way I'll come to understand why things happened the way they did. Until then, I have to believe there is a reason.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Since this year began there have been massive changes in our life. I suppose change has to happen but it surely does leave us wondering why sometimes.
    Peace...Naila Moon

    http://onegreatbigmashuganaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Maripat, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Please don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. It's why we're here, to learn and grow. Start with looking in the mirror and saying "I forgive you, and I love you."

    And whatever you wanted to say to your friend, you still can. It's never too late because I don't believe we ever end. We just transition into the non-physical. I truly believe that.

    Hang in there...

    Hugs,

    Gisele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Naila and Gisele. I appreciate the words. I guess some days I want to understand why. Like right now I want that answer. I need to work on that patience part.

    ReplyDelete