Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lighting up the night

Do you all remember way back in March when the moon's orbit was at its closest to the Earth? It was a cold and cloudy night here. I was about to give up hope for any type of shot when the moon finally made an appearance.


I took this picture with my little point and shoot camera. This is not as pretty as it was in real life. It was a beautiful silver bonfire, shining against the darkness that was slowly edging in as it tried to blot out the light.


This is gonna sound lame of me, but it was a calming sight. Like a lighthouse beacon guiding a traveler.


Yeah, I know. You all can commence with the teasing now.


Anyway, I hope you guys are a having a great May start.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Totally would not tease you. I didn't see this until just now. The picture might not capture the full experience, but it's peaceful and mystical.

    ReplyDelete