Monday, May 7, 2012

So…I’m here. Alive


You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
--Eleanor Roosevelt
US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962) 

The hardest thing for me to do is take that first step because of fears. Afraid of failing. Afraid of sounding dumb. Afraid of giving the wrong answers. Afraid of falling. (Walking and talking is a challenge for me.) Or just being noticed in a crowd. (That’s a whole different post really. Probably needs to go under a label called phobias.)
I felt lost for the longest time. I can’t say I’m living happily ever after. Nothing in life is ever put that neatly back together. Sometimes the next big thing you do in life is just re-learn how to get out bed in morning. But this new look to the blog is a start.
Sorry, I swear I won't whine ever again because life is just too short.

6 comments:

  1. {{{huggs}}

    Yeah.

    Hang in there, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH...I didn't realize they added a reply button so I can answer you. Cool.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Tammy. It's been a while, huh? I had thought of deleting this blog but I thought to myself, I might find use for it. Writing isn't gonna be the main subject anymore. I love to write. It's how I process the world. But what of I've learned, writing is only a part of who I am. I'm so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maripat, oh big (((((hugs)))))) SO been there. Over and over and over. But you know that, because you've talked me through it. You don't ever have to worry about whining. I didn't even consider it that. I considered it heartfelt honesty. Egads. Have you ever even been to my blog?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Hugs back. I have stopped by your blog, and I have to say I don't see your posts as whining. I see you rising from the ashes of your past--beatiful and stronger from it.

    (I had to delete my original reply because I posted it without proofing. It's amazing how one or two missing words change the whole meaning of a sentence.)

    ReplyDelete