Friday, June 8, 2012

If only...


“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
Albert Einstein  (1879-1955); Theoretical Physicist, Philosopher, Nobel Prize Winner

I’m sort of stuck at a crossroads about some things in my life. Neither turn looks especially good. In fact, it comes down to shades of gray. Don’t you hate that?

I think this is why I like writing fiction. Because I can abuse characters without shame and moneywise it’s cheaper than therapy.

As I type this, I have a lot of hesitance about my choices. In my younger days, I was impulsive. Stubborn. And, I made bad choices. Guilt and embarrassment nag me about some of them. I know it’s all a part of growing up and maturing, and trust me, if I had to do them over, I’d make some of the same mistakes again.

Did I say some? I meant a lot.

The ones where I might’ve hurt someone’s feelings because I was selfish, those are the ones I’d take back. But maybe because I can’t fix those with apologies, those are the moments that left me wanting to be a better person. (wow, I’m sounding like a fortune cookie. My apologies.)

Anyway, I ponder my choices, grateful that while both can end badly, there’s always tomorrow to fix them and move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment